Pisgah National Forest
Pisgah National Forest features some of the most beautiful and rugged mountain scenery, and the best recreational opportunities in eastern North America. The Pisgah National Forest is a large forest that covers much of the north and central western mountains of NC. It is broken up into 4 Ranger Districts.
- Route: Easy to follow
- Steepness: entire Trail, less than 8% grade
- Length: Less than 3 miles
- Surface: Mostly flat; a few rocks and roots along trail
- Route: May be blazed
- Steepness: Most of trail less than 20% grade
- Length: Usually between 2 and 8 miles.
- Surface: Rocky; stream crossings
- Route: May require pathfinding skills
- Steepness: most of trail 20% grade or steeper
- Length: Usually more than 8 miles; may have steep sections
- Surface: Rocky, stream crossings