The NMBP consists of dedicated volunteers partnering with land mangers, land owners and emergency personnel, to assist, educate and inform all trail users in order to enhance their recreational experience.
If you like:
- Riding your bike.
- Helping other people.
- Being involved in the management of your local trails.
- Learning and sharpening skills such as outdoor first aid, trail side bike repair, off-road riding, and communication.
Then IMBA’s National Mountain Bike Patrol is for you!
There are four mandatory requirements for membership as a patroller:
- Current certification in basic first aid and CPR. (these classes are offered at the local red cross chapters all across WNC)
- Successful completion of any of the following courses:
- A mountain bike patrol training course (taught by Pisgah Area SORBA Bike Patrol).
- A volunteer host training program (taught by local land manager).
- A ski area specific mountain bike patroller training (taught by a local ski area management or ski patrol).
- A passing grade on the NMBP Patroller online certification exam.
- Send in an application form with membership payment. Apply Here
e-mail Chris Morgan at email@example.com