Beginner’s Bent Creek Ride – Mondays
Please RSVP on our Meetup event below. Limited to 12 spots, per Monday
First event March 20th at 6pm.
Every Monday night Pisgah Area SORBA will be hosting a beginner-friendly group ride in Bent Creek at the Rice Pinnacle parking area that leaves at 6:00PM. This ride provides a welcoming environment for anyone who might be uncomfortable on intermediate or advanced rides. No one will be left behind: fun and learning are our goals!
Where we ride and what we do will be determined by who shows up and what we want to learn and explore. Questions from “How do I change a flat tire?” to “How do I ride over a log?” are encouraged and impromptu mini-clinics or sessioning (practicing) trail features might happen.
• Helmets are required and biking gloves are recommended.
• Please bring your own water, snacks, and a spare inner tube.
• If bad weather is predicted, we will post a cancellation by 3:00PM.
• We’ll leave the lot at 6:00PM: it’d be best to be there by 5:45PM!
• Parking is limited. Arriving early and carpooling are recommended!
• Because this is a SORBA-sanctioned ride all Non-PAS members are required to sign a waiver
From 191 Brevard Rd. turn on to Bent Creek Ranch Road, follow the sign to Lake Powhatan, and stay left onto Wesley Branch Road. You will pass by the service and member entrance to the NC Arboretum on your left. You will enter the Bent Creek Experimental Forest. The first road on your right is Rice Pinnacle. Turn there to park.